Monday, January 5, 2009

In the beginning...

A number of years ago I started building a Lotus 7 replica based on the plans given in the book by Ron Champion "Build Your Own Sports Car". I teamed up with Ray Moody from Oudtshoorn in South Africa and so began an adventure.
I have dreamed of building my own car from my teen years and finally it was to happen! However a move from Oudtshoorn to Port Elizabeth put the project into mothballs and now the chassis of my Lotus 7 Replica hangs mournfully from the rafters of my garage.
So this year (despite an acute lack of financial backing for the project) I have decided to continue the project... I can hear the "it will never happen!" comments already! I have my doubts at times but I've done many things in my life that went against the odds, so what's new?
I will post some old photos of how it all began and who knows it might not be long and the photo journal will continue!
I will also post photos of friend's Lotus replicas and any others that I happen to come across.
Keep watching this Blog... you may well see the birth of another Lotus 7 replica!

2 comments:

kenny said...

Just ten minutes a day and u will get there Even if u just look at it and think of what to do youll start doing something.From Kenny Kean Seven car club of Natal If u are around here some time pop in to the German club in Westville on the last Thursday of the month u will be inspide no end.

Derek Flanigan said...

Hi Kenny, thanks for the encouragement I need to get back into it (even my blog has been neglected)regards Derek